A patched together lifestyle of thrift and charm...

Apr 15, 2017

Old Farms & Country Saturday Sightings...

It's Saturday and cloudy - but not nearly as cold as the past 
two weeks (see here here).  I went to just a few yard sales today.
I love this area where I live and realize I am extremely blessed
 to be able to get out and enjoy it.

As fun for me as the yard sales themselves are the sightings 
along the way.  Stopping at a sale allows an up-close look and
 photo opp for things I'd otherwise be zooming past in my car.  

Isn't this stone wall amazing?  
The forsythia bush is just coming to life... 

And I walked by a weathered barn with the neatest doors and windows 
way up high!  Not sure what good those doors did way up there - 
but a fun discovery...

In our area there have been quite a few run-down properties 
that have been sold and remodeled to gorgeous proportions.  
Today I happened upon one in it's 'before' state.  
quilted nest

Oh the potential...
quilted nest

Is this barn amazing or what?
quilted nest

 May I encourage you to slow down and enjoy your surroundings too?  

A blessed Easter weekend to you!  ~Joyce







4 comments:

Betsy said...

Such a lovely post today Joyce. I love that stone building. I can just imagine it restored to its former glory. Thank you for sharing your discoveries with us today.
Blessings, Betsy

Cheryl said...

Happy Easter, Joyce! God bless you. :)

Anonymous said...

We have family photographs of my family visiting the Pennsylvania Dutch Country when I was a baby.

Your pictures cause me to want to re-visit that part of America.

So beautiful!

Hasi

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

Those are some good 'ol Pennsylvania barns, Joyce! Good eye! I'm also curious to see what vintage goodies you found, too. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...