A patched together lifestyle of thrift and charm...

Feb 8, 2017

My All-Time Favorite Thrifting Find...

Every once in a while... I have stumbled across something amazing
 in my thrifting outings.  What makes it amazing you say?  
Let me tell you about this find and you'll see...

While chatting with a cashier (also the jewelry counter) at my local
 thrift store one day - I spied 2 wooden name pins.  Only 2.  
I looked closer - not believing what I was seeing.  But there they were - 
2 very less-than-common names.  But guess what the name of my mother is?
   And guess what the name of my mother-in-law is?  
Yep- these names.  And the only 2 in the store.  
For 50 cents each - I couldn't wait to scoop them up.

I have them in my china cabinet turned display case with
 treasures that pertain to each of them...

And the fancy 'A' (for Almeda) monogram towel?  
Found three of those one day too.

Thelma's name rests on a penmanship award she received as a child...

And one day I found this crocheted doily with her name as well.
  Unbelievable!

There was also a time when I found a few towels with my 
mother's full monogram... happy dance!

They're on display in my 80s bathroom (which is on the list to get updated)...

So happy thrifting girlfriends.   
There are amazing things to be found for sure!  ~Joyce
Linking to Talk of the Town

3 comments:

Betsy said...

WOW! That is amazing. I would have never thought you would find one of those names, let alone both. So wonderful for you though. And the filet crochet with "Thelma" on it. Oh my! I am impressed with all of your finds.
Blessings,
Betsy

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

What wonderful finds! For years when we're going to the thrift store I would tell my youngest son we were going to "the treasure store". Because you never know what you're going to find and sometimes it really does feel like treasure! :)

Cheryl said...

What an amazing find! That is so neat. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...