A patched together lifestyle of thrift and charm...

Jan 7, 2017

Winter Recycled Tissue Paper Project & Valentine Mantel...

We had lots of leftover 'used' white tissue paper from Christmas.  
I have a hard time throwing out big sheets of paper... 
so a little recycled project came to the rescue...

Tissue paper pom pom flowers how-to's are everywhere - 
but here are the basics.   Again - my paper was 'used' and not
 smooth and neat.   I determined an approx. size (6" x 8"?) and 
cut enough sheets to make 3-5 flowers of  7-8 layers each.   
My edges weren't all perfectly matched and I even had some tan
 paper mixed in with the white.  Imperfection works for these.

Do a simple accordian fold - tie in the middle and 
leave long string ends for hanging...


Snip the ends into points or round them and then peel up 
each layer carefully to fill out a flower shape.


Thanks to some Pinterest inspiration - I added mine to tree twigs...

They make a nice addition to my Valentine mantel and will also
 work for the remainder of the winter.

What a fun way to spend an hour or so on this 
bitter cold Saturday afternoon!  ~Joyce
Linking to DIY Salvaged Junk Projects

1 comment:

Betsy said...

What a fun way to use up the tissue paper Joyce. I remember making those all the time when I was young girl. I think I learned to make them in Brownies if I remember correctly. I like them hanging on your twigs.
Blessings, Betsy

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...