A patched together lifestyle of thrift and charm...

Jan 26, 2017

Thrifty Thursday - Decorating with Open Books...

Here's a simple and thrifty decor idea for you... 

If you saw my post from yesterday on my china closet turned
 display case... you'll remember this little gem.  Sometimes it
 pays to open an old book and see what treasure awaits inside.

When I opened this old little school booklet I was struck 
by the pretty type fonts and chose to display it open.
How easy is that?

Same could go for any number of books.  Check out this 
pretty page on the inside of this old recipe book
Recipe booklet available here in my Etsy shop

Old school books are easy to come by.  Open to an illustrated page - 
add a few treasures and you're good to go.  
A wooden ruler would have worked well here too - maybe even some dried flowers... 
just something to draw the eye.

And my favorite open book to display - how about an old bible.  

And while I'm partial to old books - new books would also work.
  How about a charmingly illustrated children's book for in a nursery?

So pull out a book and get creative!
Stay thrifty my friends  ~Joyce 

1 comment:

Betsy said...

All wonderful ideas Joyce. I especially like the red stones on top of the Bible. But then again, I'm partial to the Bible! Thank you for all your prayers. I truly appreciate them. The doctors office just called and I do indeed have a compression fracture in my back. More sitting around I guess. :-)
Blessings, Betsy

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...