A patched together lifestyle of thrift and charm...

Jan 19, 2017

Thrifty Thursday - Clear Out and Sell...

My post today is a no-brainer... but sharing anyway.  None of us are the 
same people we were 10 years ago... or 20... or (you get the idea).
  So there's a good chance we have stuff in our collections that
 aren't really 'us' anywhere.  Case in point...

No - not the china cupboard - I'm keeping that (inherited from my parents).
  But inside - it is loaded with treasures that have become a mess...

...and some collectibles that don't really go with my mostly 
'neutrals' room anymore.

See what I mean?  See all the 'pink' transferware dishes?
I'm not collecting these anymore and not really doing 'pink'.  

It's time to clear out and see if maybe I can even sell some of these.
So stay tuned for a hopefully revised and cleared out 'china cupboard'.   
And the first transferware piece has been added to my Etsy shop.

And while I'd love to paint my china cupboard... I'm pretty sure my
 family would be deeply offended.  So guess I'll keep it as is. 
(And it does add a little color to my living room.)

Clear out the old and donate or sell it.  
That's my Thrifty Tip for today.   ~Joyce
Linking to Home Sweet Home
and Talk of the Town

3 comments:

Betsy said...

I've been trying to clean out closets and such. Mortality is looking at means I don't want our kids to have to go through a lot of "stuff". Plus, we're thinking of seriously downsizing in a few years. The hardest thing I have to get rid of is gifts from others. That is really hard. Your China cabinet is beautiful.
Blessings,
Betsy

Regina said...

Joyce,
Your china cabinet looks like ours. Before we moved from CA last summer we got rid of a lot of stuff that was in our china cabinets. Actually we have two because they belonged to my husbands parents. When we finally moved in here in AZ we got rid of even more stuff. I wonder about opening an Etsy shop to try and sell some things.

The Charm of Home said...

I have been doing the same. It is a slow clean but, I am feeling good about getting rid of unwanted items. Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...