A patched together lifestyle of thrift and charm...

Jan 12, 2017

Thrifty Thursday - 9 Cans of Beans for $3...

Keep your eyes open when you're out discount grocery shopping. 
 Black beans were on my grocery list.  And as usual - this store
 didn't have any - or so I tho't.  Then I spied this massive can of
 them for $2.99.  Now I use beans - but not that many.

But we do have a freezer in addition to our frig freezer - and you should too.  
There were enough beans to divvy out to 9 freezer containers -
each holding 15 oz.  (like the small cans).

I gave them a masking tape label and they're good to go.

Normally my discount store price for a small can of black beans is $.99.  
So I saved at least 66% - more if you compare to retail store price.
  Yippee Skippee!

Sometimes it pays to look closely, buy in large quantities 
and yep - you need a freezer and freezer containers.

Now I'm wondering why I didn't buy 2 cans? 
Maybe they'll still be there the next time I go...    ~Joyce

2 comments:

Betsy said...

Great idea! I often cook several meals worth of food and freeze them. It makes like much easier when we are busy. Instead of eating out, we just go to the freezer for a good home cooked meal.
Blessings,
Betsy

Cheryl said...

OH, my! You got a steal on this one! Great job. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...