A patched together lifestyle of thrift and charm...

Nov 3, 2016

A Bittersweet Week and Thrifty Thursday...

No - not that kind of bittersweet.  Rather this...

I love bittersweet - but every time I find it - I'm in a place that's it's
 not permissible to collect it.   This past weekend was no different.
  Except this time we came upon piles of tree scraps from a recent
 bulldozing.  I figured brush piles should be fair game.

So I helped myself to a few twigs found lying on said piles.  
I won't lie - I still felt like a thief as I walked past people 
on the remainder of our walk.   But I'm loving my little spray of 
natural goodness on my kitchen shelves.

Please excuse my phone photos.  I lost my camera.  A part to get my former camera working again
 is to be delivered tomorrow.  Can't wait!  And hopefully my lost camera still turns up. 
I was actively using it - alone and inside - when I lost it.  Thinking I need a sanity check.  sigh...

And today's thrifty tip is over on my Facebook page.

2 comments:

Betsy said...

The bittersweet is lovely and I'm glad you found some that was "legal" to collect. :-). I lose things like that all of the time. I'm sure the camera will make an appearance soon.
Blessings,
Betsy

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

Your bittersweet is so pretty! I know what you mean about feeling like a thief! I recently took some bush trimmings out of a dumpster and felt so funny about it. I hope your camara turns up soon!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...