A patched together lifestyle of thrift and charm...

Nov 20, 2015

Project: Old Snow Photos Banner

 What is it about old photos?  Especially black and white photos?  
I love 'em!
 I recently purchased a partial photo album.  
In the back there were lots of old snow scene photos.
That meant - time for a project!

I dug through my fabric stash and found an off white old linen dress.  
I cut it into pennant shapes to fit the square photos... 
cut some matching sized dictionary papers... stenciled some letters...
 ...did a little stitching in red...
 ... and now we have a banner that says...

...'Let It Snow'!  
The fireplace will not be it's 'home' as the banner is too long. 
But at least it gives you a glimpse (even tho a terrible photo)... 

And if you would like some snow pictures of your very own -
 I put together a bundle of 10 available here.
 It feels so good to have finally worked on a project. 
And this one cost almost nothing as I used stuff from my stash. 
Next up?  Cooking & cleaning.  
Are you hosting for Thanksgiving?  ~Joyce
Linking to Funky Junk's Upcycled Link Party





1 comment:

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

What a perfect way to use those precious black and white photos. Love this idea!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...