A patched together lifestyle of thrift and charm...

Nov 26, 2015

Our Thanksgiving 2015 - With Thrifty Finds...

Some scenes from our 2015 Thanksgiving...
I forgot to take pictures of the people and the food - 
but here's a glimpse of the decor...

 
My starting point this year was this lovely runner that I picked up for $2.50.  
It said 'elegant' to me - so I paired it with  lace... 

I have some Libby glasses with leaves that are fun to pull out 
for the season (from my mother).
And I found these leaves motif votives for 25 cents each at a thrift shop.  
So I decided in lieu of center candles to have a votive 
at each person' place setting...

 More thrift finds (a Pilgrim family) graced the center...


I discovered I still had a few white mums blooming - so I made
 small bouquets with some ornamental grass from my flower beds...

 Our dining room is adjacent to the kitchen with no separating wall.  
So on the kitchen table - I often put more decor.  Truth be told - 
it's a place to store the everyday decor from my dining room table
 now that it's in use for 'dining'.  Make sense?  

I created a grouping that is visually appealing from all sides...


I carried the mums bouquet onto this table...

 The terrarium has been a fun find ($9.99) that I'm enjoying filling for the seasons.
 The bowls of acorns?  I came upon them on a walk yesterday and
 stuffed my pockets figuring I'd find some place to use them.  
This is where they landed...

The swan was a find from a yard sale this year for $2. 

A few faux vines brings into 'fall'...

It was a good Thanksgiving for us with family members that 
don't often get together.

How was your day?  ~Joyce
Linking to Home Sweet Home party

2 comments:

Betsy said...

Your table is lovely and I enjoyed reading about where the items were found. Our day was a quiet one with just the two of us. We had chicken enchiladas for dinner and then cheesecake for dessert this evening. We missed our children...all living far off. I AM thankful for all of our blessings, but this was a difficult day. My husband said the same, I do think it will be our new "normal" so I need to learn to adjust. I am happy for my friends, both here and in blog land who have the joy of gathering with their loved ones.
Many Blessings,
Betsy

The Charm of Home said...

Such a pretty table. The pilgrim family is perfect! Thanks for joining Home Sweet Home!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...