A patched together lifestyle of thrift and charm...

Jun 25, 2015

Booth Things & A Visit....

Several weeks ago, a fellow Etsy member contacted
 me to find out about the antique mall where I sell.
   She was wanting to come for a visit.  Today was the day!   
After introductions and a quick catch up - I turned her loose in the mall.  
Later I found her having a blast in this display of
 vintage clothing that has newly arrived...

...and no wonder!  Her Etsy description includes this lovely statement...

"I grew up in a home filled with colorful fabrics and the constant humming of a sewing machine motor. 
My mother loved to sew and could create the most beautiful and amazing things.
 As a child I learned to machine sew, hand sew, quilt, embroider, and needlepoint..."


  Sounds like a delightful childhood.  

 (Yes, one of us is shorter than the other...)

 I'll leave you with a few scenes from my booth from recent days...
 



 What a delight to meet Susan today!
Turns out she is somewhat local so we may be able to meet again.
And that is what makes this 'online thing' so, so fun.
Have you had any special meetings lately?  ~Joyce






2 comments:

Betsy said...

So much fun to meet new blogging friends. I love the picture of the two of you and all of the pretty things.
Blessings,
Betsy

Susan said...

What fun I had yesterday! My head is still buzzing with all the beautiful things I saw. The clothing was just gorgeous! The mall was just such a delightful place to walk around. The exterior of the property is beautifully landscaped and it was a perfect summer day. The best part however was making such a lovely friend. Joyce, you may be shorter, but you are very long on patience, kindness and encouragement. Thank you so much. I hope to get out for another visit soon.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...