A patched together lifestyle of thrift and charm...

Mar 31, 2015

Buttons - Snowflakes, Bagpipes and Fleur de Lis...

You never know what you will find in a container of buttons.  
I've found everything from crochet hooks to coins.  
From a recent rummage sale - a Mason jar of buttons has yielded 
some great metal specimens.   This set of 10 was in the assortment.  
I thought they were kinda cute...
...but when I enlarged my photos - I couldn't believe the detail.  
Awesome!

 There were also 3 coat-sized buttons embossed with bagpipes...

A great big button resembling a patchwork quilt and measuring 1 1/2" across!

These black and gold buttons are looking classy...

And this grouping of snowflakes and fleur de lis are some of my favorites...

 
 What is it about buttons?  They bring back precious memories of sorting 
through my mother's buttons when I was a little girl.
And what fun it was to watch my own daughter do the same with my buttons. 

 I'm selling the whole lot in my Etsy shop - hop on over.

May the joys of buttons continue for generations to come.
Happy Sorting! ~ Joyce
 


2 comments:

Donna Wilkes said...

I love jars of buttons. I often like to go through my collection and decide how to use them. I have jars of buttons from my great aunts and both my grandmothers that are very special.

Betsy said...

I have my Mom's button box and it's chick full of memories for me. I can remember her cutting them off of worn out clothes and then using the clothes for rags. She was a teen in the depression years and never forgot it.
Blessings,
Betsy

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...