A patched together lifestyle of thrift and charm...

Feb 6, 2014

Make Your Own Air Freshener For Pennies....

One day on Pinterest I discovered an air freshener recipe.  
I decided to try it - with what I had on  hand. 
I'm happy to announce that it works!  I used plain old tap water 
and this orange oil - picked up at a local
 discount grocery store for 99 cents...
You can find this oil here if you're interested and
 can't find any essential oils in your area.

I'm happy to have an all natural alternative to store bought air fresheners.  
That first link I shared will give you a lowdown of all the yuck in most of them.

To make: 1 T. baking soda, 3-5 drops essential oil,
 water (distilled if you like)

Mix oil into baking soda.  Pour baking soda mixture into 
spray bottle and fill with water.  Shake - and that's it!
I used the bottle from my old air freshener - thrifty huh?
You can supposedly also use this to freshen fabrics and carpets - 
but I've not tried it that way.  I'm so happy with this discovery!  
What cleaning or home products have you tried that you like?  
I'd love to know about them.

Be blessed & stay healthy ~Joyce
Linking to Home Sweet Home Linky Party



1 comment:

The Shashaguay Sisters said...

This looks fabulous!
I make stuff like this all the time- glad to have found such an easy recipe for something so wonderful!

Cassie

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...