A patched together lifestyle of thrift and charm...

Dec 13, 2013

Neighbor Gifts (And A Cheeseball Recipe)...

I like to give gifts to my close neighbors but some of them are diabetic.  
So in lieu of my usual cookies and quick breads... 
I went for cheese and crackers this year.
 
  Kinda a sticky mess - but refrigerate it a bit and it will be OK...
 This is my favorite cheese ball recipe - tastes great and 
there are no fancy special ingredients to buy...
   Then (thanks to Pinterest ) I rolled spoonfuls into small balls - 
rolling again in paprika, Parmesan cheese, and chives or parsley.   
Tip: Instead of literally rolling the balls in my hands - I just plopped a generous 
spoonful into the dish of paprika, etc. and rolled it around till a ball formed.  
Much less messy!
 I found these wonderful wheat crackers already sealed 
into smaller packs - perfect for gift giving.
  Tomorrow its expected to snow like crazy -
  but I'll be out walking in it... delivering these packages.  
Brrrr.....





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...