A patched together lifestyle of thrift and charm...

Mar 11, 2013

Menu Monday - Tortilla Pie...

Ever do something everyone else thought was crazy because you 
just felt it was the right thing for you to do?  
A few weeks ago I put myself on this diet.  
It is a plant based diet of no meat, no dairy, no eggs and no added oils.   
It's not the easiest diet (especially since I eat gluten free too!) - but
 I'm finding some good recipes.  Tonight's supper? 

Tortilla Pie!
 (shoulda taken these photos earlier in the process - but just trust me - it is good!!)

This dish is like eating hot nachos and will warm you all the way to your toes.

I made half of the recipe and it was about 4 servings.
5-6 medium no oil corn tortillas
2-3 15 oz. cans black beans (drained and rinsed)
2 16 oz. jars salsa
1 16 oz. pkg. frozen corn (I used canned)
1 c. chopped onion (I used less)
1 c. peppers chopped (I used less)
1 c. tomatoes chopped (I used diced canned tomatoes)

Line bottom of large baking dish w/ half of tortillas.  (tear as needed).  Spread beans over tortillas.  Then add half of salsa, all of the corn, onions, peppers, tomatos and remaining salsa.  Top w/ remaining tortillasBake at 350 degrees for 60 min.  OR - I did mine in the crockpot on Low for 4 hours.


I've been on this diet about 4 weeks - and can definitely 
say I'm starting to feel better.  I'm not sure how long or how strict 
I will keep to this diet - but  am so thankful to have found it!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...