A patched together lifestyle of thrift and charm...

Jan 2, 2013

With Old Valentines...

In 2012 I was blessed to inherit some old family valentines.  
I figured it's time to give them their debut...
(And it made the putting away of Christmas a little less sad.)
 
They are just the right touch to my pinwheels...
 I know the pink feather heart doesn't quite go - 
but it's from my mother who just died in November...
 This studio photo is my aunt and uncle's wedding picture.  
I love the matting it has!

 There is no real wedding photo of my parents.  
But this picture was taken in their early days
 together 
during WWII while my dad served in a CPS camp
in VA as a Conscientious Objector.  
(Some day I'll have to tell you more of their story.)
I have some silver on hand waiting to sell...
might as well put it to use...
 Another pink heart - my mother had two.
And hanging near by...
This was my first year really decorating for
 Valentine's Day.  Kinda fun!
Linking to Wow Us Wednesdays
and Transformation Thursday 
and Home Sweet Home 

10 comments:

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

Pretty! Old Valentines always make me smile!

Deserae said...

Your old Valentines are so pretty!!! Love all your decorations....very sweet :o)
~Des

Bernideen said...

Ah...on to the next special day! A girl after my own heart. I hope you will come tomorrow and link this to my "Open House" blog party!

Penny @ Penny's Vintage Home said...

I love your Valentine vignette on the mantle..lots of treasured memories! I am so sorry to hear that you lost your mother recently...I lost mine almost 5 years ago. Have a blessed and happy New Year..hugs, Penny

Fonda @Southern Scraps said...

Beautiful treasures! Love your garland.

Bernideen said...

Thanks for linking - I shall be getting my Valentines items out soon too!

Sarah said...

How nice to have vintage valentines from family. I, too, like to decorate for Valentine's. I'll put my things out end of January.

Carissa (Regency Woman) said...

How very lovely!

The Charm of Home said...

I'm sorry about the loss of your Mother. You have a beautiful vignette here. Sherry

Unknown said...

I just love old cards. My father found some at an estate sale that he gave me and I cherish them. Some are valentines, birthdays, get well, etc. I just wish they still made them like that. I hope one day I will add to my collection.
Thank you for commenting on my V-day mantle and I am a new follower.
Dawn

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...