A patched together lifestyle of thrift and charm...

Oct 29, 2012

Pumpkin Mousse...

Found me a new favorite Fall gluten free dessert!  
Praline Pumpkin Mousse - compliments of Kraft...
Been doing a lot of web surfing for recipes lately.  
Sure beats rummaging through cookbooks when I'm short on time.
Kraft photo
Go check out this quick and easy recipe here.
 
Ingredients - with my substitutions include:

1 c. milk
1 15 oz. can pumpkin (I used my own - just shy of 2 cups)
2 pkg. (3 oz) vanilla instant pudding
1 1/4 t. pumpkin pie spice 
   I used 1 t. cinnamon + a pinch ea. of cloves & nutmeg)
2 c. whipping topping
1/2 c. chopped pecans (I used walnuts)
1 T. butter or marg., melted
1/3 c. brown sugar      
  
I made it for guests this weekend - from big, free volunteer
orange pumpkins that grew in our yard.  
My Love doesn't usually like pumpkin dishes - but he liked this! 
It's easy to bake pumpkin in the oven, puree it and freeze it for later use. 
I'm thinking this might make an appearance again soon - 
Thanksgiving is just around the corner!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...