A patched together lifestyle of thrift and charm...

Sep 23, 2012

Standing Out...

'Stand for something - or you'll fall for anything'.

 Have you heard this phrase? There is great truth in it 
I believe.  Much of my life reflects this thought.
But be prepared - 'standing' may mean 'standing out'...
...it may mean being 'unpopular'.  It may mean experiencing some persecution.
Am I suggesting that you 'stand'? Absolutely!!!
And know this - you'll not be 'standing alone'.

If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own.
As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you 
out of the world.   That is why the world hates you. 
  Remember the words I spoke to you: ‘No servant is greater than his master.’  
If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also.
John 15:19-20a 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...