A patched together lifestyle of thrift and charm...

Sep 16, 2012

He Increases Strength...

Many of us live with hurts in our lives.  Things we pray for 
continually but that just seem to remain in a stagnant state 
for whatever reason.  The desire to pray any more about the
same old thing - or to rise above the circumstances
 and be joyful in the midst of tears - well it seems impossible.  
I know - I've been there - I AM there...you're not alone.  

taken on a recent hike

But my sweet Jesus - does not leave us comfortless.
  After a new discouragement last evening, 
this verse happened to be part of my morning devotions...

And You reign over all.
In Your hand is power and might;
In Your hand it is to make great
And to give strength to all.  
I Chron.29:12b

 ...and then in Sunday School I was asked to read:

 The Creator of the ends of the earth, neither faints
nor is weary.  His understanding is unsearchable.
He gives power to the weak, and to those
who have no might He increases strength.
Isaiah 40:28b-29

I love it when Jesus goes to the extra effort to share a promise.  
Do you, too, feel weary and tired of the 'battle'?
Choose to trust that there is strength to go on -
from Him whose hand it is to make great!

1 comment:

D said...

J...thankyou, and Jesus, for the oh-so-appropriate words of encouragement. My dear mother in law went home to heaven early this morning...more on my blog later in the week...D.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...