A patched together lifestyle of thrift and charm...

Jul 21, 2012

A Changed Heart At Camp Meeting...

Near our home there is an old fashioned church campmeeting grounds.   
Over the years I've attended many events on this property.
 This weekend there is a bible conference in full swing.  
I decided to attend Saturday evening's service.
(My family was away...) 
As I arrived - folks were already seated outside...
 ...the tabernacle was filled to overflowing.
 The teenagers had a specially designated section up front 
(love that!)
My seat, however, was in the over flow tent.  
This was my view for the evening. 
 The topic on this night?.... 'Moral Purity'.  As the sermon ended - 
an invitation was given to repent & go forward for prayer while a song was sung.

We had barely started the 1st verse when a young teenager - 
from the very back of this overflow tent -
 made his way to the front of the tabernacle with bowed head 
and quickness of step.  God Bless him!
   It made me cry to witness this sweet heart so responsive to the Spirit's leading.   
May my own heart be just as soft!

 Therefore “Come out from among them and be separate, says the Lord.
Do not touch what is unclean and I will receive you.  I will be a Father to you,
And you shall be My sons and daughters, Says the Lord Almighty.” 
II Corinthians 6:17-18

1 comment:

Helen said...

We attend 'old fashioned camp meetings' also and it is always uplifting when you see a young person want to serve the Lord with their whole heart.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...