A patched together lifestyle of thrift and charm...

May 21, 2012

Use What You Have Container Gardening...

Gorgeous containers can be had for buying the 'right'
 flowers at your local greenhouse.  But somehow - 
I rarely get that accomplished - too frugal I guess.  
So... I often make my own out of whatever is growing
 in my perennial beds.  This year - a little lamium,
 ribbon grass and vinca vine fill a container by the
 garage door...
Yes I know - the bench needs a cleaning...
 On my patio/concrete slab - (which I didn't take time
 to sweep from the recent rains) - more overflow
 perennials.  I'm liking my lamium in containers 
this year...
Not one to let good flowers go to waste - my trimmed
 lamb's ear landed in my Ikea pitcher on my 
back porch.  Simple and earthy...
Next up - I've got an old wagon to paint for a few
 more containers - veggies...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...