A patched together lifestyle of thrift and charm...

Oct 21, 2011

Sweet Potatoes...Again...

Do you remember my post about our sweet potatoes?  
Turns out my family is not as fond of baked sweet 
potatoes topped with butter and brown sugar as I am. 
(Guess we'll be making lots of sweet potato fries.)  
But being Miss Frugal, I was not about to
throw away those baked sweet potatoes.  So, found
a Sweet Potatoes Brownie recipe and went to work...
To make the brownies gluten free - just replace the flour 
with gluten free flour mix and add 1/2 t. xanthan gum.  
Yummy!
This was my lunch today.   Baked 
sweet potatoes are just as wonderful reheated. 
Linking to Frugal Friday
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Just Listed on Etsy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love sweet potatoes with butter and brown sugar.... mmmmmm. And just like you, I am the only one with craving for such a treat. That's okay, more for us, right?

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

In brownies? Mmmm, that sounds delicious.

michelle said...

I love baked sweet potatoes with brown sugar, I will have to come have lunch with you. :) I have never heard of them in brownies though, I will have to try that one day. :)
Have a great week!
xoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...