A patched together lifestyle of thrift and charm...

Jun 6, 2011

Hope Chest - or not...

I was brought up with the thought that every girl needs a 
'hope chest'.  So when our daughter was little, I found a 
white chippy delight at a flea market...

The plan?  Use it as a toy chest till she was ready to fill it with treasures to take with her to her future home.   Today - it is in my living room - still being used as a toy chest for when children come over.  My daughter is a young adult and not interested in a 
'hope chest' at this point.  Hoping she may yet change her mind 
and fall in love with this precious piece of furniture.

2 comments:

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

I remember using that toy chest not too long ago!

When I was young, I also thought every girl needed a hope chest... so I asked for one as a graduation gift (college)

I still have it and it is filled to the brim with all my special papers, trinkets, memories, clothes, etc from days gone by. I hope my Little Bebe will want to dig through it someday or even keep it in her household. Maybe!

michelle said...

I bet she will change her mind Joyce. I did that too and now I wish I would have taken more things like this that had special meaning. Hang on to it, it is beautiful. :)
XO

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...