A patched together lifestyle of thrift and charm...

Mar 14, 2011

Fabrics and Costumes...

Spent the day yesterday at Landis Valley Museum... a living history museum here in Lancaster Co. PA.  It was 'free state museum' day - so we decided to brave the chilly temps. and go.  Turned out to be a great location for taking pictures.  I found I was most intrigued by the costumes of the presenters.  Each is handmade with natural fabrics with handsewn buttonholes!  The lady working the loom made her lovely apron and skirt outfit... 
She also made this houndstooth pattern cloak - isn't it amazing?
This gal - who was presenting in the General Store - happens to be someone I've come to know personally.  She has made many of the costumes for the museum.  The shawl she is wearing was purchased at the thrift shop where I volunteer...
And last, for today, this gal was doing a scissors craft.  
I love the fabrics of her outfit...
Over the next weeks, I'll share some more photos of the museum.  Till next time...

2 comments:

michelle said...

That cloak is absolutely beautiful Joyce! I can't imagine the time and skill needed to make that. I am so glad that you had a wonderful day. :)

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

Wow, very interesting. The cloak is amazing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...