A patched together lifestyle of thrift and charm...

Feb 4, 2011

Favorite Finds...

I found some real beauties this past week.  If you enjoy old paper ephemera you will appreciate these.  I've seen many Victorian calling cards (used to announce a visitor in the more genteel days) - but these were the first I saw on black.  I love them!
Available on my eBay site
 The black ones are marked J. H. Bufford's Sons 1876!  This company seems to have done a lot of gorgeous chromolithographs for trade cards and more.  Don't those colors just pop?

These pastel cards are just as pretty in a whole different scheme...
Who doesn't love forget-me-nots?
Will be for sale at a later time - unless someone wants them now...

3 comments:

michelle said...

Those are so beautiful Joyce! A little bit of spring in each of them too. :)

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

These are GREAT! Beautiful. I'll bet many a crafter will appreciate them!

Jenni said...

Hi Joyce~

What beautiful cards! Who wouldn't love these? :) My favorite are the blue ones~ so precious! :)

I wanted to also say thank you for stopping by and leaving such a sweet comment about the galvanized window + old photos. :) It is so nice to meet you!

I hope you have a beautiful day!

Blessings,
Jenni
belle & sparrow {Beautiful Nest}

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...