A patched together lifestyle of thrift and charm...

Nov 17, 2010

Giftings...

Today, I was completely awed by the generosity of a friend.   Last week, I had a few friends for lunch - nothing special - in fact we had rice and beans...  But today, one of those dear friends wanted to show her appreciation.  She gave, yes gave, me the 60 year old treasure you see below.   I am humbled by such a gift... 
And look at the crown of the beautiful veil...
This came just in time for White Wednesday at Faded Charm.

1 comment:

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

Omigosh! I think that is an amazing gift! So sweet. Gorgeous gown...wonder who wore it? Does your friend know the history behind it? I love knowing more....

Jillian
Bella Rosa Antiques

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...